refinishing problem

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 08:15:17 -0400

I'm certainly no expert in refinishing.  But something that came to mind
was...

If you do have a contamination problem, such as silicone or even some types
of oils, perhaps you need to think about a barrier coat somewhere towards
the beginning of the process.  A coat or two of shellac might be a good
choice to seal silicone away from the rest of the finish.

>From what I've been told, the idea of adding a fish eye eliminator basically
adds enough silicone to the finish to make the object one big fish eye.
Adding too much of the eliminator might end up being a problem in itself.?
(Just something I heard.)

Just a thought.

Good luck,

Brian Trout