PVC-E Question

Carl W. Meyer cmpiano@earthlink.net
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 19:24:17 -0700

PVC-E is great stuff.  I recently had an air compressor that had rusted out
in one end of the bottom and since it was a good unit, I tried to fix it by
using steel filled epoxy and metal straps attached with self tapping sheet
metal screws.  I tried it twice but is still leaked a little  I think due
to expansion etc.  I finally drained the tank, poured a few ounces of PVCE
into the drain hole, sloshed it around where the leak was, slowly
pressurized the tank and lo and behold, no more leak. Made a believer out
of me.

Carl Meyer

--- Carl W. Meyer, Santa Clara, Ca.
--- cmpiano@earthlink.net