ptg web site

Jaume Fabregas jumet68@teleline.es
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 16:56:22 +0200

Hello,
I am sorry I have been out of the list most of the year.
The tune in the ptg web site is "Souvenir d'Andalousie" by Louis Moreau
Gottschalk, the composer from New Orleans who was so admired by Chopin and
Liszt. He wrote many exciting pieces like a very fun one describing a hen,
"La Gallina" and many others inspired in rhythms from the Caribean and South
America or episodes of his adventurous life. Souvenir d'Andalousie describes
the music of Southern Spain. He had great successes in my country, sometimes
performing arrangements of Spanish tunes for as many as ten pianos (could
you imagine tunning them last century?)

Jaume Fabregas, MM+34
http://www.terra.es/personal/jumet68

| Check out the redesigned web site at ptg.org. Suddenly I hear music and I
didn't even know this old comupter had a speaker! So what's the name of that
tune anyway?