Cruise pianos (non-$cientology)

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Sat, 05 Aug 2000 14:04:04 +0000

Hi y´all

I´m back from a week of eating and drinking in Mallorca.
I saw the pictures from Arlington and may I say that I liked them,
especially Ron´s style.  You mightn´t be related to a skydiver called Mad
Dog, huh?

I once met a tuner called Jeff Hickey who was really tall with extremely
long hair who always warned his new customers over the phone before coming
to them.
Do you, Ron,  tell them that you ACTUALLY look like a mad scientist? :)
(I feel a thread coming up here)

In an issue of the Steinway "Lyra" I saw some brackets that are used to
fasten grands down on cruise liners.  Three rods extend from the floor
below the middle of the grand up towards each leg.  It was used on a ship
that took some really rough weather, and the grand was one of the few
things that weren´t damaged.
Do pianos in cruise liners normally have that kind of fastenings?
Maybe Rob Goodale (who actually looks a bit like a cross between Frank
Zappa  and "Weird" Al Yankovic (not that crossing two males is easy with
traditional methods)) can shed some light on this.  :)

Bestest regards,

Kristinn Leifsson,
Reykjavík, Iceland

P.S. Who was that Kiwi guy sitting with monsieur Clyde?

-"There are two things that are infinite;  the universe and human
stupidity.  And I´m not sure about the universe."-
A. Einstein