Those @$^(*) silks

Kevin E. Ramsey RPT ramsey@extremezone.com
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 20:21:50 -0700

    Was this thread about upright actions? I thought it was about grand
whips.

Terry Petersen writes;

I recently posted my "invention", that  makes it virtually UNnecessary to
EVER have to replace these "silks" again. Also, and here's the best part
about doing the job; you don't have to remove the flanges, or
hammers...THANK GOD!!!  ( I am referring to the Aisan Butt flange silk
loops).I simply number and remove the dampers, and do the entire replacement
job from the back of the action. Takes me about 1 hour. I do NOT use silk,
or carpet thread or anything of the sort, but rather 15lb. monofilament!
I've done several complete jobs (another this Saturday) and can say
positively that these loops will NOT break for the life of the piano! This
promise to my customers: "I guarantee it, or fix it free". I will be
submitting my invention to Yamaha, where I will negotiate selling the
concept outright, or I will  pursue a Patent.