freedom from the wire

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 18:50:57 EDT

In a message dated 8/1/00 2:13:30 PM Central Daylight Time, rrg@nevada.edu
writes:

<< As an SAT II user I have shared the frustration with countless others on
 dealing with the dreaded foot pedal.  Always dragging the tangled mess
 out, untwisting it, then winding it back up, and so on.  Then every
 couple of years the wire shorts out internally and you have to break out
 out the soldering iron and replace it.  Have you had enough of the wire? >>

Robert, and others

What you have described, Robert, I am sure, will work. But if all you are
concerned about is the foot pedal, and the wire that leads to it, for about
the same amount of money, and much less time and effort, I would suggest you
invest in a thumb switch. You can either buy one from Sanderson, or make your
own. Your friendly neighborhood Radio Shack store can supply you with a
switch and a telephone style cord. Attach the switch to your tuning handle
with some Velcro, and you're in business.

Of course, if you don't want any kind of wires, and you are electronically
challenged, you can buy an SAT III, or a Cybertuning program for your lap
top, with the automatic note switch built right in.

Willem.

Willem Blees