Bridge gain delamination

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Tue, 01 Aug 2000 17:30:27 -0400

At 04:20 PM 08/01/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>Ron Nossaman wrote:
>
> > Roger, Terry, J Patrick, etc,
> >
> > Just what is it we're supposed to be diagnosing here, anyway? I read
> > "diagonal" joint. Is this bridge even vertically laminated at all?
>
>Nope. Not capped either.
>
>Thanks to all for your responses. Forewarned of the expense of the repair, my
>customer has gone ahead with the purchase. Appointment for the repair set for
>September.
>
>Patrick Draine

Patrick,

If the tone is not be affected right now and there is no great rush to get
the repair done,
I would wait until the climate is drier; say around February. This way
further drying will
not affect the repair and you repair will be more secure.

If the tone is affected, a temporary screw (or something) will hold until
such time as
a secure joint can be guaranteed.  I have placed many a business card
between a rib
and board to eliminate a buzz and returned during the winter for drier
conditions to apply
glue. The customers were most appreciative of the forethought.  No call-backs.

Plan Ahe
ad,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.