Boston parts

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 11:13:23 -0400

I hope your dealer is better than my local Steinway dealer. I asked =
their head tech for regulating specs for my 7 year old Boston GP-178 and =
was told that the dealer does not have any specs for Boston pianos. Like =
WOW. This dealer never ceases to amaze me. I guess the piano is too new =
to be in Randy Potter's Piano Action Handbook. Does anyone out there =
have regulation specs for my piano?

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Jon Page=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2000 7:30 AM
  Subject: Re: Boston parts

  Try the dealer from whom it was purchased. They may have better luck =
with
  the parts dept, or can supply one from another piano in the mean time.

  Jon Page

  At 08:36 PM 07/31/2000 -0700, you wrote:

    Folks,
    Just wondering if any of you have had service problems with
    Boston/Steinway parts department .
    I take care of a Boston 218 that resides on a stage here in =
Bellevue,
    Washington. In early March a performer's crew dropped the lid and
    trashed the lid prop. I called Boston parts for a replacement right
    away, having to leave a message with all particulars. Since then I =
have
    talked to two different people, left several messages, written a =
letter,
    all to no avail as to getting an answer as to if the silly part is =
even
    on order. The management is really upset that they have had to wait
    until August to even find out if it's ordered or not. My last =
message on
    Friday the 21 was practically begging for some type of a reply. As =
far
    as I'm concerned they just don't care. Perhaps they would rather =
like
    the picture I have of a mop handle being used for publicity??
    Is this typical of Boston/Steinway or do they just cater to the "big
    boys"? Any suggestions as to how I can get some kind of response? =
I'm
    not looking forward to trying to get a generic lid prop from another
    source and trying to refinish it to match.

    Joseph Alkana RPT=20

  Jon Page,   piano technician
  Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
  mailto:jonpage@mediaone.net