Humidity and new parts

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 23:55:06 EDT

In a message dated 7/31/2000 10:31:08 PM, Karintunes@AOL.COM writes:

<< I hope someone can suggest an *alternate high-quality brand* that can take
the
wet.  Renner didn't work out in another piano here.  Japanese?
Karin Schmitt
Florida Keys>>

Karin;
There ain't none.
 What you can do that will make life a 'lot' easier is treat the reps, all
centers, of your choice 'before you install them. They will install a little
loosely but they will not swell to the "sluggish" point so rapidly after
being treated nor will they be quite as tight when they do...and being in the
Keys they will for a while :-(, at least until they hit an equilibrium
point....but you probably know that huh?

 After treating and before installation a 'little' dab of Protek CLP on
flange/jack/balance rail centers, will also help with your delemma.

My treatment of choice would be a 60/40 alcohol/water mixture and I would let
the thingees 'air' dry rather than force dry them. This is the method I used
when I accepted Cruise Ship pianos and it worked very well.
Jim Bryant (FL)