restringing

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart1@juno.com
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 16:12:36 -0500

Wow!  Did I get a bunch of stuff on "restringing".  This is great
information, and I am appreciative. It will definitely be "hard-copied"
and saved for future learning and reminding.  Thank you very much.

Little did I know when I asked the question exactly what it was that
would be restrung...........   I haven't even looked at the name of the
piano.  But it's a turn of the century upright which belonged to "my
grandmother", and the lady has such attachment to it that she's willing
to invest $7K in it, though I suggested if the person to whom I delivered
it for rebuilding decided he couldn't do it for that she shouldn't be
surprised.  If I said not a single piece of significant veneer remained
attached, and that I left a strap around the piano to keep the whole
keybed/frame from simply falling out, might you get a picture?  Seven
years, it was, in an abandoned house, which the lady said, was finally
condemned.  Fortunately this is not my project.   I don't consider myself
to know enough to take on any project of magnitude yet, let alone
something that seems impossible.

But thanks for all the valuable info.
les bartlett
houston