List archives & the never ending repeating...

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 22:52:11 -0500

> what's your feelings about
>a nominal fee for expanded search cpabilities?
>Regards roger

I wouldn't have a problem with it, since I've learned lots of thousands of
dollars worth of pretty good stuff from the List, but it's another level of
administrative hassle. Who pays? Since there are no restrictions or
mandatory affiliations required for participation on the List, who's
responsibility is it? How many of the "casuals" and "lurkers" will feel the
necessity to kick in? Didn't we make some noise at KC about looking into
getting some funding from the home office to upgrade the server and such?
Did anything come of that? Since the List is PTG supplied, it seems
reasonable that PTG members should support it monetarily, either through
normal dues, or one time surcharge, regardless of List participation. Non
PTG members who avail themselves of whatever technical information they can
sift out should be encouraged, but not necessarily required, to kick in too.

That's my "off the top" - and it's reading a whole lot like a political
stand, so I'll shut up now and go away before I'm mistaken for a
participant in the "system".

Ron N