Old things in pianos

Daniel Jackson tunemwell@rcn.com
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 00:15:40 -0500

> To the piano tuner.
>
> Please try to make this horrid grand resemble anything like a Steinway.
> I will be back at five o´clock.
>                                         I. Paderewsky.
>
> This story was written by the actual technician so I don´t question it too
> much, even if it´s too good to be true.
>
> Kristinn Leifsson,
> Reykjavík, Iceland
>
> Friday    5%

	Kristinn,
		Great story! By the way my apologies for the misspelling of your name
in my response to Ron....just my late night ramblings....now I got it.
	About hymnals....they are a great repository of lots of music,
depending on the denomination - all I ever heard of were Christian. But
they're full of folk songs and traditional music as shaped by the
religious group that chose to use them. Also gregorian chants and things
like Amazing Grace. Of course Moravians and shape note hymnals are
something else. Or was that a trick question?
	I've also seen them used as foot rests to reach the pedals for pianos
on dollies and to raise organ benches for longer legs to play the pedal
board.
								Cheers....Dan - Williamsburg Va