voicing "brush"

Paul McCloud smccloud@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 16:26:01 -0700

I started with a brass bristle brush (suede) and have gone to the
stainless brush, little larger than a toothbrush.  I don't "brush" as
much as I push it against the strike point and move it back and forth,
hoping the bristles puncture the felt a little.  I don't like to see
little wisps of felt on the hammers when I'm done, which is what you get
if you just "brush" across the top.  It does work well, but how long it
lasts I'm not sure.  Haven't been doing it that long.
    Paul McCloud
    San Diego