Wurlitzer

John Dewey jdent@soltec.net
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 10:04:46 -0500

>"electric Wurlitzer butterfly piano."
> Pretty little thing!  With electric "off", it sounds like whatever hammer
> mechanism there is hits metal bars rather than strings.  I couldn't get
> the top off easily to check, though I think it should slide forward.  It
> was on very solidly, as if it were screwed in somehow.

>les bartlett

I took a class from Wurlitzer factory people years ago. I was interested in
the players but do remember they talked about these thing also. As I rember
the teck said to use bees wax if you need to add weight to the reed. He said
there was too much danger of all the solder melting and falling off the reed
if you tried to add more solder.

John Dewey