Wim's observations, another viewpoint

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 21:03:53 -0700

I have met very few people that were "real" piano technicians and then moved
onto another career.  They never got very skilled at it and went onto other
things.  This is a career that is not fit for just anybody although many
think they could do it.  I think the arrival of the EDT has opened the door
to a lot of technicians that would have been much harder to open to get
through before...

David I.

>Another point please, if you're still out there. I have met literally
>dozens of people, not that old, who have made it a point to inform me >that
they too used to tune pianos, but went on to something else that better
suited them. That's the other side of this coin.

Night all,

Ron N