AUDIO RECORDING OF ACTUAL TUNING

Tom Robinson tomnjan@bellsouth.net
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 18:49:44 -0400

<There are some tests for 4ths and 5ths--look in Jorgensen _Tuning_
book, or I can
write about those later.>

Thanks John, I have noticed the problem with muting material, especially
while doing pitch raises.  I do not have the Jorgensen book.  I have the
White book which gives examples of tests.....Are they the same, or am I
missing out?  Would you recommend my purchasing the Jorgensen book?

<Get Jim Coleman Sr's thingee.....>

Thanks, David.  I do have the thingee.   And to the others who have
responded......Kent, Larry, Newton, Wally, and Phil (hope I didn't omit
anyone...)  I have just inherited a very good Baldwin with like-new
strings.  As soon as I can get it moved, it will become my temperament
practice instrument.  Perhaps it will afford me just the right amount of
advantage over the old upright to enable me to break through this
barrier.  I will report on my success with all the suggestions.

Tom Robinson
East Tennessee