Wurlitzer

Leslie W Bartlett lesbart1@juno.com
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 14:56:50 -0500

I did a warranty tuning on a new Kawai today, after which, the owner
asked me if I'd look an an "electric Wurlitzer butterfly piano."
Pretty little thing!  With electric "off", it sounds like whatever hammer
mechanism there is hits metal bars rather than strings.  I couldn't get
the top off easily to check, though I think it should slide forward.  It
was on very solidly, as if it were screwed in somehow.

Does anyone know anything of these?
Are they tuneable?
Can the "hammers" be replaced or redone?
Thanks
les bartlett
houston
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!