soundboard?

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 01:10:54 EDT

Pat;
 Over the years the concept of "reverse" crowned sondboards has raised its
head in different countries and in different guises. (I think there is even
one being made today in one of the Northern European Countries???)
  Some pianos have even been produced with a "reverse" crowned board and it
is possible you have one of those thingees. There have even been pianos
designed requiring 'upbearing', such as  some Sohmer agraffed bridge grands.
What will tell the tale on your particular piano is bearing on the bridges,
as I think someone has already said or at least alluded to.
 A name/serial number for your/the piano in question would be helpful.
Jim Bryant (FL)