Age

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 23:59:12 -0500

>but I still remember, at 24 in 1965, being refused admittance to a house
because I >was too young to know how to tune their piano, so they said. Now
that I'm old >enough, they're dead!

> John (once young) Lillico, RPT
> Oakville, ON  Canada

If your are lucky, for the longest time you "look too young"   enjoy it
because  sooner than you want its, "Gee, he looks a little old, I hope he
hasn't started to loose his hearing"

But how would you feel if you were refused admittance because of your race.
I have heard of that. : (   Also in an older and richer part of the city the
tuner was admonished for not ringing the tradesman door bell. And this was
all before a female tuner showed up. Tales of the city----alive if only in
memory.

---ric