soundboard?

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 18:14:18 -0600

Hi Patricia,
                  Sounds as if you have a completely collapsed crown, I
have heard the term reverse crown but am sceptical, Del or Ron would have a
lot more knowlege.  More details would be nice. make of piano, and some
bearing measurments taken with a compound gauge. These need to be taken,
speaking length, bridge top, and back scale.  This may give you a clue as
to fact or fiction.
roger

At 04:06 PM 20/04/00 -0700, you wrote:
>O.K I got no response to the question on reverse sound board, I was shown a
>old upright on its back on a dolly  and was told that it was made with an
>reverse soundboard it had a slight amount of sag ,instead of measuring it
>from the back they measured it from the inside below the strings, remember
>it is on its back. Does anyone have knowledge of this??????  Pat Neely

Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.
306-665-0213
Fax 652-0505