Tuning a Grand & a Studio together

Gina Carter ginacarter@carolina.rr.com
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 20:42:46 -0400

Hi Ted,

After trying almost every combination, some of which worked better than
others, what I do now in those kind of situations is just tune each piano to
itself as best as possible. In reality, I don't think it is possible to
match, completely, even two 9 foot grands of the same make, and I don't
think it's possible to match a studio with a grand. Each piano is individual
and will have its own unique qualities which do show up in its tuning.

Just do a solid tuning, at the same pitch, on each one. They will sound just
fine when played together. Let their differences enhance the performance.

Best,

Gina