AUDIO RECORDING OF ACTUAL TUNING

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 08:48:22 -0400

Hello Tom,

I don't know what is your "condition" but "counting" beats is not
necessary (in the traditional sense of 7, 7.5, 8, etc., bps) but
comparing beats from adjacent and similar intervals.  If you can
sense that one beating third is faster or slower than an adjacent
third then tuning a good temperament is not at all that hard.

The "beats" of different pianos is different so memorizing a beat
or comparing a beat to a fix source is an exercise in futility.
Frustrates you, annoys the piano and make the metronome groan when
you approach.

It is more a matter or organizing your intervals and comparing a
set of beats against another set of beats on the same piano.  If
you can count, have a sense of rhythm and hear the beats you can
tune.

The Baldisson - Sanderson two octave temperament procedure is a
master piece of easy tuning and getting truly superior results.

If you wish I can send you a copy or you can request a copy from
Inventronics at 800-FAST-440.  Work with that and in a week you
should be tuning "perfect" temperaments.

Indeed, spinets do need all the help they can get.

Buck up, you can do it.

		Newton