Topics for discussion

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 09:13:15 EDT

In a message dated 4/18/00 8:19:17 PM Central Daylight Time,
jfinnigan@optusnet.com.au writes:

<< Hi list
 Last week a customer asked me if I would give a 20 minute presentation about
pianos to the local rotary club members of whom there are approximately 80.
I had just finished tuning his piano and had not yet received payment, so in
my weakened intellectual state and in in a fit of all to common stupidity I
replied "Yea sure mate, no worries".  The presentation is in 2 weeks!  While
I am confident I will be able to put something of interest together I thought
I would give you all the opportunity to through any brilliant ideas on the
table.  Any not so brilliant ideas would be greatly appreciated also.  Have
any of you done anything of a similar nature and if so how did you approach
the subject?  I know that the subject theme "Pianos" presents a fairly wide
parameter in witch to operate however I was told I could talk about anything
as long as the word "piano" was used once or twice (the mind runs wild!).

 Hopefully some of you can offer some help.

 Thanks

 Jarred Finnigan
 jfinnigan@optusnet.com.au

A couple of years ago I was asked to give a talk at my church''s men's club.
I tried to give them en explanation of how a piano works, and why, etc., I
got blank stares. However, during the question and answer section, what most
of them wanted to know was the economic conditions of the piano industry.
Where pianos are made, how they are transported, what pianos sell for.
(What's the most expensive piano?)  You can give them a short overview of how
a piano works, but I think you'll get a better response if you go for the
"sales" end of the instrument.

Just my 1 cent worth.

Willem