PTG logo...

Gina Carter ginacarter@carolina.rr.com
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 08:52:42 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: David Ilvedson <ilvey@jps.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2000 7:21 PM
Subject: RE: PTG logo...

> Gina,
>
> You know how they say we lose brain cells as we get older? >

Huh? What was that???? :-)

To be syntactically correct David, PTG only has two differently distinct
logos. The new one which Council approved in the early 90s can be used by
three groups as stated below. No matter who uses it, the _logo_ is the same.

1. As a stand alone logo used by the PTG Home Office for its stationery, PTG
Business Aids, etc. Its only identification is the logo itself:  the tuning
forks/keys and the words The Piano Technicians Guild.
2. With the added distinction of either "Registered Piano Technician" or
"Associate Member." Members who choose to use this PTG logo must specify
their membership category.

I happen to like the new one very much as far as logos go. Of course it
doesn't please everyone, but what does?

The other logo available to PTG RPT members only, and can not be used by the
Home Office or Associate members, is the round one that was the original PTG
logo. It has always technically been reserved solely for use by members who
have passed our exams. A brief description: in the outer circle the words
The Piano Technicians Guild; in the inner circle a tuning hammer, a tuning
fork, a grand piano, and the words Registered Member. (Very small and
difficult to read unless one has really good eyesight. <g>)

> What exactly does the round logo say?  "Craftsman Member, Piano
Technicians
> Guild"?

I think it used to say Craftsman Member, but I'm not sure. I do recall that
the current category Registered Piano Technician was originally Crafatsman
Member, then came the option to use either Craftsman or Tuner Technician. In
the early 90s Council determined that members would be defined by just two
categories: RPT and Associate. Therefore, the designation currently used in
the round logo is Registered Member. I believe, but am not sure, that an RPT
may use it without using the words "registered member."

Gina