FRONT RAIL KEYPIN SHAPE

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 22:08:07 -0400

The arc plays an extremely negligible part in function here.  What
does is the amount of metal interfacing with felt.  Actually it is
a tightly woven cloth of high density, hopefully.  The cloth
prevents sideways movement, noise and the wide cross section
reduces wear but does increase friction especially if the metal is
not polished and lubricated.

I liked the oval center pins I have seen except that they bend too
easily and I had to go in and relevel the keys too often.

		Newton