PTG logo...

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 16:21:41 -0700

Gina,

You know how they say we lose brain cells as we get older?  Actually, now I
remember it was the "Registered Craftsman" wording I was calling members
about.  I went to my PTG Business Resource Manual (which is a fantastic
piece of work) and found the logos.  The difference between the RPT and
Associate logo is the wording under the tuning forks thingee.  "Registered
Piano Technician" or "Associate Member".  There is a difference between the
two logos!

>David,

>PTG has never asked its members not to use the round logo.

>Both logos are used by PTG and both are legal. The "round" logo is
>exclusively for the use by RPTs; it _is_ the RPT logo for PTG members who
>have passed all three exams; the choice of using it is entirely up to the
>RPT; it is not the "craftsman" logo since that title is no longer used by
>PTG.

>(The newer logo can be used by any member, RPT and Associate.)

But they are two different logos, if only words, so make that distinction.

What exactly does the round logo say?  "Craftsman Member, Piano Technicians
Guild"?

>Reminder, even if it is old news to some of us, it just may well be new
news
>to members who have joined PTG in the last few years and it always helps to
>make sure the news is up to date and factual.

It is so true...

David I.