business cards, etc

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 18:03:04 -0700

I'm curious about the thickness of business card stock.  What is it?  I
wonder how I would print the PTG logo?  The idea of printing on both sides
is appealing.

David I.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Charly Tuner
Sent: Sunday, April 16, 2000 3:36 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: business cards, etc

I am in the process of designing new business cards using my computer. I
have a print program that "tiles" up to ten on a sheet, then I turn the
printed uncut sheet over and print stuff on the back as well. I use a bright
white card stock, and the highest color resolution on my printer. They look
good, and they're cost effective too! I then take the ten or so sheets to
Kinko's, and simply cut them to card size. Does anyone else make their own
cards? I prefer mine to look friendly and colorful, and of course,
professional. I then bought several plastic card diplay holders, and dropped
about 5 sets off to various music stores. They all allowed me to set them on
the counter, and in fact were happy to display them. I hope I get some
calls! Also, has anyone had any success from weeklys, such as the
"Pennysaver", etc? I was thinking about either running a continuous ad or
having a flyer insertion. Any thoughts?

Terry Peterson
Los Angeles, CA
Associate Member, PTG