Damper Spring Cord

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 10:39:23 -0300

Hi,

It always seems that when I order the cord, I end up with the same size.
I just looked up the catalogues, and I find that Schaff, appears to have
three sizes.
So at least I know where, I might be able to get the smaller sizes. I know
that strands,
can be removed from the centre core, to do this.

I used to repair electronic organs, so I had some different sizes of hook-up
wire.
I tried some of that, and it seems to work well. I picked a snug fit, and
with the plastic
coating, it should be quiet. I used the stuff, with the extra teflon, I
think it is, outer
coating.

Can anyone think, of why this would not be a viable alternative?

Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada.