Front duplex noise

antares antares@EURONET.NL
Sat, 15 Apr 2000 12:00:13 +0200

Hi Doug,
in my humble experience it might be wrong to mute the capo, as it was
designed especially to 'give' sound instead of 'killing' it by putting in
the wedges or strips.
The capo section makes the tone more rich, but also more complex, just like
the duplex system (or should I say 'complex'?)

As far as I understand the 'buzz' is created by a rattling of the string
and/or an energy problem caused by an uneven contact between the hammerhead
and the unison.
This is an old problem and one should be able to solve it (temporarily) by
carefully fitting the hammer to the strings (either by moving the strings up
or down, or filing), tuning, and then voicing. At least that is how I have
learned to get rid of this buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Antares