Piano trucks

Fri, 14 Apr 2000 08:53:50 -0400

Greg -

I just installed the large Colson truck on a G3 this week, although it
was in a public place, and as such I had the help of a maintenance man.
I just used wood blocks under each leg of the truck, right under where
the leg sits, to keep it from tilting downward when each leg was put in
place.  Worked great.

In this instance, since the G3 is 6'1", and the truck is for 6' and over,
it required loosening the bolts at the center hub to allow each leg to
rack slightly off-center , thus effectively shortening the length of each
truck leg enough to fit the piano.  For a minute there I thought the
truck was not gonna fit!

Good luck.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com