A440 HA!

ola Andersson pianoola7@hotmail.com
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 09:56:11 CEST

>dear list,
>I really have no idea if
>I got it right or not. the only ET this piano has had was from the factory
>across the pacific ocean.

ET phone home...

>the tuning was developed in the 1960's by rudolph stiener...

I thought he died in 1927 or something

>he was the
>waldorf school system guy and appearantly the A432 puts us closer to the
>pythagorean cosmic ideal.

I thought he wanted 432hz in the  pitch debate of 1920's. He wrote that in a
book ( I think) and some steiner people think that's the law. I can try to
dig down into this. He also said to be in your time and use your head
something not all "steiner" people do. He also said other more "weird" but
interesting things.

>it sounds sort of okay in the mid-range but gets
>progressively wierder at the extremes.
>anybody any thoughts?

I tuned two pianos for the steiner school here. They were 100cent low.
I tuned them to 440hz and the pianist was very happy, also the headmaster
who also is a musician. One ET and one EBVT(I hope)

Ola Andersson
Bergen
Norway