help wanted...very long

Pianofxrguy@AOL.COM Pianofxrguy@AOL.COM
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 10:23:56 EDT

In a message dated 04/13/2000 9:02:14 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
btrout@desupernet.net writes:

<< if any of
 you have thoughts or input or suggestions to make things better, I would
 certainly be open to hearing them as well, as well as what others are doing.

Brian,
    I started of the same way that you did. When it came time to split off on
my own, the percentage that we used when I did the dealers customers was 2/3
for me 1/3 for the dealer. After I had done that for a while and they were
not filling up the appointments for their days ( I would find out on the
morning of the day that, sometimes they had a 9:00 app't and a 3:00 app't),
we switched to a 75% for me split and I made the appointments. They would
just give me a list of calls to make.
    When the accountant told him that it was costing him too much to do the
withholding and all of that, we switched to 90% for me and the taxes, etc.
were my problem. Although the percentage is good now, I kind of miss having
him do a lot of the bookkeeping and such.
    This whole process tool about 10 or 12 years to filter down. It has been
to my advantage to maintain a good relationship with this dealer and do what
it took to work through the various strains and stresses.
    You sound like you are on the right track and, yes, things that you
settle for now, will not work out the same farther down the road.
    Good luck,
        John Stroup
        South Bend, Ind.
        (FWIW - I used to be signed on as "tunthepno@aol.com" but changed to