Another Recital in 1/7 Comma Meantone

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 16:55:27 +0200

Whats your point...  Whats your point ???  We know all this Bill. Ok... so there
are a bunch of guys out there who dont like what you are doing. So what else is
new. I mean welcome to the world mate. You think you are the only guy out there
who gets all kinds of crap from people who disagree with you ?? Thats the name of
the game really,,, especially when you go against the grain. You choose to do so,
and you believe in what you are doing, so you gotta just shine em on or you will
get essentially no where (at least not anywhere where it counts)

You wanta respond to all this by staying home, and loosing a fine opportunity to
share what you have learned with many interested parties at the convention, well
hey.. I cant stop you. But like I say.. I think its a bad move. And I think you
do yourself a diservice in the same pass.

As far as being able to reproduce your EBVT, anyone who has the specific bps
definitions for each interval can perfectly set a temperament octave to those by
useing Tunelab in a direct partial comparison fashion. How to account for
stretching such a temperament can be done in similiar fashion really, as I
imagine any talk of an even tuning curve is out of the question in anything but
ET.

Bill.. I and many others are interested in learning more. I think you should take
any opportunity to teach what you have learned to others who are interested, and
just dont worry about those who dont like it.

My opinion.. and yes.. I am dissapointed, more for why you wont be at Arilington
then for any other reason.

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.