Key pin thichness for Vertical Charles Walter

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 08:10:17 -0400

Hi Dan,

Definitely get a micrometer and start using it.

I was given a fairly basic and plain micrometer a number of years ago by a
close friend of mine.  Once I got used to using it, I pretty much put away
the other gauges, and the only one I still do use on occasion is the center
pin gauge.

It's good for finding out all kinds of piano type measurements.  Front rail
pins, balance rail pins, tuning pins, center pins, piano wire,...

And it's pretty accurate too.  Although I've seen people use simple wire
gauges, I could never get the 'hang' of them well enough to really feel
confident in their readings.

Regardless, a micrometer is a handy tool.

Best wishes,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA
btrout@desupernet.net