Klima Pianos

John R Fortiner pianoserv440@juno.com
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 19:40:27 -0600

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 00:43:48 +0100 Kristinn Leifsson
<istuner@islandia.is> writes:
> You´ve got many mothers?  Watch your apostrophies!
>
> Kristinn
>

> At 22:02 11.4.2000 +0200, you wrote:
> >Hey !!... I'll thank you to leave my mothers' tounge out of this...
> grin..
> >

> >Kristinn Leifsson wrote:
> >
> >> AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!
> >>
> >> The basis for the previous criticism was that the writer of this
> letter had
> >> trouble with the meaning of...stuff.
> >> Maybe these weren´t double negatives as such, however this was
> definitely
> >> an inverted use of the original meaning of the adjective,
**Ummmmmm - Would that then be an adjective inversion?? or an
inversionary adjective?? :-)
> >> to that I will a-q-u-i-e-s-c-e.
> >>
> >> Since we´re into this I´ll give you the Icelandic equivalent;
> >> "Helmingi lengra" (helmingur = half)
> >>                     (lengra = longer, farther)
> >>
> >> This however, is used in the meaning "twice as long"
**Seems to me FWIW that it would mean 150% as long as the original (
Which is just about as long as this post is getting to be. :-)

> >> So pardon my use of c-o-l-l-o-q-u-i-a-l-i-s-t-i-c-a-l-l-y
> inferior use of
> >> your mother tounge.
**PLEASE!! Don't read anything into what I have said as meaning your use
of English isn't as good as my own.  I, and I hope you also, have very
much enjoyed this little discourse.

John R. Fortiner
Billings, MT.