Bass string makers

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 00:09:54 EDT

The problem I had with New England Piano String Co. is when I sent him my
scaling data measured in 1/10th of an inch., they insisted that I recalulate
in 1/16th of an inch. On a computer, decimals (1/10th increments) or metric
is what computers lingo is. Now if they could obtain a Lufkin tape measure
(#C9212) that measures in 1/10th of an inch I would not have to recalculate
and they could read off my scale data without having to make a scale stick.
They would not listen. I went ahead and recalculated and since then have not
used them again. The quality of the bass strings were pretty decent though.

My other question is why you think silver plated iron rules? They are not
nearly the quality of copper. That is reason it is a good idea to rescale.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland Chapter
Oregon City, OR

In a message dated 04/08/2000 6:20:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time,