Klima Pianos

Larry J Messerly prescottpiano@juno.com
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 14:07:01 -0700

I have a jet setting dad, who regularly visits friends in Europe, and
when possible visits piano stores and gets me brochures.  One of the
latest is from Klima in East Bohemia which I believe is in the Czech
Republic.

What really got me musing was that they sell a KOM120 model which is a
piano without cabinet.  I am presuming that it is 1172 cm tall, 1388 wide
and 538 deep.  I was wondering if this would be an answer to some of
those old art case uprights that are too worn out on the inside to
rebuild.  Putting a new piano in an old case.  (Or is this as bad an idea
as putting new wine in an old wineskin?)

This information came with a price list from a technician in Reykjavik,
Iceland (Steinway B price is 4.125.000.  Anyone know what that is in
American?

Larry Messerly, RPT
Phoenix/Prescott