It's a gift

Bill Ballard yardbird@sover.net
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 08:05:58 -0400

At 4:07 PM -0500 4/7/00, Ron Nossaman wrote:
>That's when she dropped one of the best customer
>lines I've heard in a long time. She said, "It's a gift. It can't cost much
>to tune it up". I think this one will take the "second favorite" position
>in my customer quote list.

Reminds me of of the story included in the memoirs of Howard Chase, a piano
tuner from Concord NH who may have passed away at least fifteen years ago.
A world famous operatic soprano offered to donate a recital to the local
"church on the green" in the rural NH town where she summered. The church
committee discussed it and declined when they found that they would have to
pay for the piano to be tuned!

Bill Ballard

"Out here on the food chain, you either
   diet,die, or dine"