A440 under fire (1986 PTG Press Release and Resolution)

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Sat, 08 Apr 2000 14:36:39 +0200

Of course the problem is compounded by the fact that there are lots of different
"fixed pitch" instruments today being made at 442hz. We have a vibrafon and a
xylaphon at the UiB and both are at 442. Fortunatly for me they are never used
(at the present anyways) I have run into this kinda thing before in several
different kinds of instruments. Makes you wonder how standard this standard is.
And it personally ticks me off that there seems to be an apparent inability to be
in aggreement on something so basically (in principle anyways ) simple and
obviously advantageous.

--
Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.