ball fitting for tuning hammer

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 07 Apr 2000 06:37:40 -0400

Terry and list,

What one person finds a tremendous improvement, another may find a step
backward.

Recently someone gave me a Wonderwand to try.  It has a 2" diameter ball on the
end.  After about 20 minutes of use I strongly disliked it; my hand hurt.  Does
it make a difference that I tune lefthanded?  Should I give it more time?  If
the ball is right for everyone, why are most tuning levers in the supplier
catalogues still of the standard configuration?  In the most recent Schaff
catalog, there are no ball-type levers available at all.

It would be interesting to know how many on this list have switched to "the
ball."

I am also interested in the custom-made levers by Keith Bowman.  I attended his
class on tuning levers a year or two ago, and I was quite impressed with his
input.  Has anyone on this list bought one?  Since they are very expensive, I
don't want to order one if I end up not using it anyway.  Basically I'm happy
with what I have now, but I'm willing to consider other options.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT

P. S.  If your name is Terry, who is Charly?  I've always wondered that.