Brass flange inserter tool

Paul S. Larudee larudee@pacbell.net
Wed, 05 Apr 2000 11:35:16 -0700

Dear list,

It is with great sadness that I report the demise of my beloved brass flange
inserter, which until now made an onerous task much more tolerable.  I hope you
know whereof I speak, the one with the long slender 8" shank and the tiny clip
plate at the end to hold the flange in position.  It was unavoidably flimsy
because the plate had to be bent  - usually several times on each job - to hold
the flanges, so it was bound to give way.

I can't remember whether I originally got it from Schaff, APSCO or John Ford,
but of the two who still operate, neither seems to offer the tool.  Does anyone
have any ideas where to get one?  Or possibly a different solution to the
problem?

Paul S. Larudee, RPT
Richmond, CA