Jim Coleman, Sr update

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Tue, 04 Apr 2000 22:05:24 -0700 (MST)

Hi to all:

I am home now from 6 weeks in the hospital due to the Guillan-Barre
Syndrome which damaged the Myelin sheath of my nerves at all of my
extremities. I can't hold a tuning hammer well yet. My son Pete let
me tune a couple of unisons when he came to tune the piano at the dining
room of the hospital. When I got a specially tight pin, I had to turn
the hammer back to him. I can't walk yet, but I can get up on a platform
walker with the assistance of two strong, trained helpers. I hope to be
on a walker before Convention time. My "motor-mouth" is still working
as usual. Full recovery is expected within a year in most cases of GBS.

I will be unsubscribing from this list tomorrow or the next day due to my
current inability to keep up with the traffic. I will still try to address
questions which individuals may need to discuss with me as time and health
permit.

Thanks to all for the voluminous cards and well-wishing emails, and the
prayers, flowers, plants and gifts.

Later, I will share some of the wonderful lessons of life which I am
learning (belatedly) as a result of this ordeal. For some of us, extreme
measures are needed to get our attention (I always was a slow learner).

I want to thank my sons Jim, Jr, Pete, and phil for bringing me special
messages from many of you and special thanks to Myrtle who learned how
to make copies of the video tapes which many of you have ordered during
my hospital stay. And again, thanks to all of you for your overwhelming
support.

Jim Coleman, Sr.

"Don't wait til you're flat on your back to look up"