Bass Bridges

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 02:58:20 -0300

Hi,
A little tip I use to help, keep things in place while drilling.
Put two finishing nails into the bridge, cut them off at an angle,
with your wire cutters. (Short)
The points will dig into the soundboard, and stop it moving.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Joe & Penny Goss
Sent: April 4, 2000 3:01 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Bass Bridges

Hi Brian,
I think that the Baldwin that Ed is talking about has the bridge glued
directly on to the sound board.
Replaced one  by myself and had a lot of fun keeping the bridge in place for
the glue to set. If I were to do it again there would someone else there to
hold the bridge in place while I drilled pilot holes for screws that would
hold the bridge in place while the glue cured.
Then remove the screws.
As I remember the bridge is about 12 or 15 inches long with a slight curve.
Three small screws should do the trick.
Joe Goss