Pitch at breaking points

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 03 Apr 2000 23:08:52 -0500

>I now have all knowledge at my disposal:
>I have a dictionary,
>an encyclopedia,
>and a teenager.
>
>John R. Fortiner

Yea John, but the stuff mutates. New slang is continually added to the
dictionary as once common words become archaic. Encyclopedias become less
and less detailed and more and more useless with each revision as they do
less justice to more topics, and teenagers are already mutants that never
think the same way two days in a row. My policy is to keep the dictionary,
throw out the encyclopedia and try to convince the teenager(s) to move out.
The first two are done deals and I plan to outlast the third.

BTW How will future dictionaries describe the word archaic when it's too
old to be used anymore?

Ron N