More advice needed

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 06:43:33 EDT

In a message dated 4/2/00 4:54:32 AM Central Daylight Time, you write:

<< Ron,
 As you should know, Bubba is a very TEMPERAMENTAL GUY.

 Dale Bob From BubbaLand >>

Dear Institute Directors,

I just happened to read through the responses to this thread even though it
is the kind of thing that I usually would have deleted without reading.  I
received the Convention schedule of classes a few days ago and was quite
impressed not only with the classes offered but the fact that it was already
here at this early date.  I feel so badly that I have made you people
scramble to find a replacement after the schedule is already in print.  I
thought I had made the decision early enough so that wouldn't happen.

But when I read through these responses, it tells me quite loudly and clearly
that my decision was the right thing to do.  I wanted to suggest that you ask
Karen Hudson Brown RPT to demonstrate tuning a Victorian type temperament
aurally.  She might even be able to do mine.  I was going to ask her if she
would help me in my presentation by playing some samples.

What I find in this thread disturbs me quite a bit.  It's a pretty bad
situation if you feel that you cannot walk down the street in your own
neighborhood without fear of being assaulted by the local hooligans.  I'm
afraid that is exactly how I would feel if I were to attend  the Convention
this year.  Yes, there is interest and support for what I do but there is
also something else which I don't need to try to illustrate now.

I had dinner last night with the pianist I would use in making a CD that
demonstrates the EBVT.  It will take some time to produce but it is what
needs to be done.  I also have a few people who are interested and who have
the aural tuning instructions.  I would like to get at least a few people who
know how to tune the temperament and who use and endorse it before ever
attempting to present it at a Convention.

This Institute Committee has done more in my area of interest than any
previous one has and I appreciate and applaud your effort.  Please continue.
But please also recognize that I don't care to try to function amid the kind
of "good ol' boy" kind of "right thinkin' " group that dominates PTG.  I hope
that within a few years, PTG will be ready for the EBVT and me.

Sincerely,

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin