A440 and the tuning exam (was A440=Fork)

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 18:21:56 +0100

No... it is not unreasonable. I in fact aggree that tuning forks should
be
accurate. My beef is that the requirement for this has no buisness being
part of the exam in its present form. It takes too much time to and
effort
to arrange examinations for such a detail to be able to cause "failure"
at
the outset of the test. It further is a unneccary stress on the
examinee. If
this is something the PTG wants to insure, there are better and easier
and
much cheaper ways of taking care of the issue. The tuning exam itself is
different and seperate thing. If not, the insistance to establish pitch
aurally does not make sense.

Richard Brekne
I.C.P.T.G.  N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway