Key top Material

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 21:24:05 -0500

The simulated heads and tails, #361019 (p.43) APSCO,,,  or Vagias Keytops, (p85)
Schaff work real good for individual replacements. I would not hesitate to replace
20 headpieces with these.  (I have done up to 15 on old uprights)  By the time you
steel wool, and buff the old ivory, these replacements will be as invisible as the
joint you make.     EXECPT near picture windows with certain UV filters....
	The glue I like better than PVCe is GOOP.  With GOOP you don't need such a smooth
surface, only white, like from White Out. (remember that stuff?)  I like GOOP better
because it does not fail in the pull test like PVCe does.  I still use the warmed
brass plates with their special clamps, and I like GOOP better using these because
with GOOP the head piece will not "walk" as much as PVCe
	If there is a white colored ready mixed epoxy from a squeeze tube that is easier to
squeeze than GOOP, and cleans up with naptha or less,  I would give that a shot.
The only thing I don't like about GOOP is the smell. BUT it is not as offensive as
CA. and a toss up with epoxy.
---ric