Tuning forks

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 13:52:33 EDT

<<>Whatever did we do before the SAT?
Jeff Tanner, Piano Technician,<>>
<<"I don't know, but whatever it is, I'm still doing it.
Susan">>

Jeff;
I agree with Susan here :-)

 As for the tuning test, and in my opinion any other tuning done aurally,
place the tuning fork on the plate while you are getting ready to tune, i.e.
temperament stripping, taking things off the top, etc.. that way the fork and
the piano temps will match and the pitch will be correct for that piano at
that temperature......it might not be exactly ON
but................................ more than likely close enough to pass the
pitch at 100 and certainly close enough for most daily tunings......concert
work is a different matter, with different, and differing, matters to
consider :-(
My view.
Jim Bryant (FL)