1850s Bosendorfer

VOCE88@AOL.COM VOCE88@AOL.COM
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 06:26:20 EDT

Hello List,

     As some may know, I work with Cunningham Piano Co. of Philadelphia.
Although we do a lot of rebuilding work, we usually don't go before the
1880s. Here is my problem:

     We have gotten in a rebuild order and it turns out the piano is much
older than I anticipated (because of distance, the piano wasn't estimated
before it came in). We can find no serial number, but after conversations
with and faxes to Roger Weisensteiner, we figure its age to about the 1850s.
The action is probably a Streicher design.

     The last thing I want to happen is to do the wrong work to this piano.
Who on the list has experience with a piano of this type or can recommend
someone who does?

     Feel free to call me on the toll free number if you wish.

Eagerly awaiting a response,

Richard Galassini
Cunningham Piano Co.
Philadelphia, Pa.