Glosario pianistico

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 13:23:04 EDT

In a message dated 10/24/99 10:13:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Roberto writes:

<< My contribution:
                   "batimento" and "mecanismo"

 Roberto Rovira
 Buenos Aires

Roberto's spelling of "batimento" is undoubtedly the correct one.  Some of
these words I only know as a spoken language.  Even though most words in
Spanish can be properly spelled by just hearing how they are pronounced,
sometimes an unstressed vowel has an ambiguously neutral sound as they do in
English.

I also think "mecanismo" is the best choice for "action".

The jury is still out on "aftertouch".  There is always the default
translation:

"el aftertouch (m)".  (or in French, "l'aftertouche").

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin